FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS AUTUMN-INSPIRED BREAKFAST
Eating clean is truly about noticing what Mother Nature provides us with seasonally. With Fall’s cooler weather and brightly colored leaves comes cole crops, root vegetables and some tasty tree bearing fruits like apples and pears. Instead of fresh fruit and vegetable summer salads, we begin to crave warm, hearty foods that comfort (and hopefully nourish) the body and soul. That’s exactly why this healthy alternative to a staple cool-weather breakfast is a must try for all of us looking to embrace what the Earth has so graciously given us!
Pecan-Apple Crumble Protein Pancakes
- Serving size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 272
- Fat: 12g
- Carbs: 29g
- Protein: 19g
- Sugar: 17g
- ½ medium banana
- ¼ cup egg whites
- ½ apple grated
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped pecans
- Olive oil cooking spray if needed for pan
- In a medium to large bowl, mash the banana until smooth with a wooden spoon or fork.
- Add egg whites, apples, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground flaxseed.
- Heat non-stick skillet on medium heat (apply non-stick cooking spray if needed).
- Pour batter into heated skillet. When it begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook the other side. For small pancakes pour ¼ to ⅓ of the batter mixture in the skillet and repeat cooking process until all of the batter is used.
- Place your cooked pancake(s) on your place and top with chopped pecans.
Tip: You can also try serving with a side of sliced apples or topping with some light maple syrup or agave.
Click HERE to learn more about the Wellview services available to you. We can’t wait to work with you!
– CASEY EDMONDS, CHC
Health Advisor | Email Casey