There is nothing better than a warm, wholesome soup on a cold winter day. This filling, yet light soup is packed with fiber, antioxidants and vitamins that can help boost your immune system while setting fire to your soul. Here’s what you’ll need.
Chickpea Veggie Soup for the Soul
- Servings: about 5
- Calories per serving: 285
- Total fat: 5.9g
- Total Carbs: 19.7g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.6g
- Protein: 7.1g
- 2 15oz cans low sodium chickpeas, drained
- 1 quart organic low sodium vegetable, chicken or bone broth
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Optional seasonings for taste:
- Onion powder
- Garlic Powder
- Himalayan sea salt
- Cut and prepare onion, carrots, celery, mushrooms and garlic.
- Place broth, seasoning and drained chickpeas in large pot, then turn on medium to high heat.
- Heat large sautee pan to medium. Place 1tbsp avacado oil in pan with diced carrots and celery. Sautee until heated and becoming playable.
- Heat large sautee pan to medium. Place 1tbsp avacado oil in pan with minced garlic and chopped onions. Sautee for 2-5 minutes, then add sliced mushrooms. Sautee until almost cooked through.
- Add carrots, celery, onion and mushrooms to heated pot of chickpeas, broth and seasoning. Leave on medium to high heat for 10-15 minutes or until carrots and celery are soft. Turn to a low simmer for five to ten minutes. Remove from heat.
- Portion out your delicious soup and let cool.
Click HERE to learn more about the Wellview services available to you. We can’t wait to work with you!
– CASEY EDMONDS, CHC
Health Advisor | Email Casey