That’s a Wrap!
It’s Monday. What better time to talk about getting in your vegetables for the week? I know, not a glamorous topic, but an important one. I’m a health coach, and I struggle with eating vegetables, but I’ve found that while it takes a little more time to plan and prep veggie dishes, it’s so worth it when you realize how good you feel after eating them. Let’s dive in to one of my summer go-to veggie meals: collard wraps. No cooking, no oven involved. I first saw this recipe on Trial and Eater‘s Instagram feed, and this is my adaptation.
Raw collard leaves
Your favorite chopped vegetables (I use cucumbers, red pepper and avocado)
Optional hot sauce
1. Unfurl a washed collard leaf (yes, raw) on your cutting board.
2. Spread some hummus on the leaf
3. Sprinkle on your chopped veggies (do not overload)
4. Add a drizzle of your favorite hot sauce
5. Starting from one end, just roll the leaf up with all the goodness inside.
I actually feel like Wonder Woman after eating this (the Gal Gadot version). My family has been enjoying this as a complete meal, and it’s so yummy. I still haven’t been able to get my teenager to eat ’em, but he’ll eat avocado and cucumber slices so there’s hope. Hey, you gotta start somewhere! Here’s to hoping you and your whole family enjoy this tasty, healthy treat.
– Kelley Colihan Robertson, E-RYT