Cooler temperatures often bring a whole host of veggies like squashes and leafy greens, which are both showcased in this delicious stew.
The real star of this dish however, is the year round spice, popular for its distinct aroma and use in various Indian dishes, curry powder! This spice is often over looked for its numerous benefits but science has not neglected how curry powder can enhance ones diet and health. These benefits of Curry powder include:
- Anti inflammatory properties (see more)
- Lowers blood pressure
- Cancer prevention and treatment (see more)
- Supports bone health
- Decrease symptoms of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- Antibacterial effects
- And more
See for yourself the health benefits of this special spice!
Curry Squash Stew
Serving size: 1 | 271 calories, 8g protein, 38g carbs, 12g fat, 5g sugar
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 cup organic vegetable stock
- ½ cup cubed butternut squash
- ¼ cup chickpeas drained
- ¼ cup red bell pepper
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- Dash of pepper
- Heat olive oil in medium pot on medium heat.
- Saute garlic and onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in curry and ginger and stir.
- Add squash and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and stock. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and peppers. Cook for five minutes or until squash and peppers are cooked all the way through.
- Add lemon juice, kale and pepper for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle in cilantro.
Click HERE to learn more about the Wellview services available to you. We can’t wait to work with you!
– CASEY EDMONDS, CHC
Health Advisor | Email Casey