If you love Italian pesto pasta and have been curious about trying a vegan and low carb friendly noodle that’s also high in protein, then here lies the recipe that you must try. But first, the star ingredient in this recipe is the edamame noodle.
Why edamame pasta?
This spaghetti noodle is gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan friendly, has 24g of plant-based protein per serving and contains approximately 10g net carbs per serving, which makes it ideal for low carb and keto diets. So, let’s ask a better question: why not?
Pesto Edamame Pasta
Prep: 10 Minutes | Cook: 15 Minutes | Servings: 3 ½
- 1 (7 oz) box Organic Edamame Spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring 6-8cups water to boil in large pot.
- Add ½ tspn salt to boiling water.
- Add pasta, then turn off heat.
- Let set for 4-6minutes or until cooked to preferred texture.
- Drain noodles and let set.
- Add pine nuts and garlic to a food processor or powerful blender.
- Process for 10 seconds.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper and process for 1-2 minutes or until a paste forms.
- Turn down blender power and slowly pour the olive oil through until the pesto is thoroughly blended.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and process for about a minute.
- Toss the noodles with the pesto until evenly covered.
- Serve and enjoy!
*low carb, keto, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan /// Recipe Adopted from Resolution Eats
Click HERE to learn more about the Wellview services available to you. We can’t wait to work with you!
– CASEY EDMONDS, CHC
Health Advisor | Email Casey