Pumpkin pie is a “classic” that’s served after Thanksgiving dinner and in the days following. Unfortunately, it’s served with excessive sugar and carbs (on top of all the others you will be consuming that day).
The good news? There is a healthy, yet equally delicious alternative: The No-Bake Pumpkin Pudding. This dessert is gluten free, dairy free, grain free, sugar free and egg free, so it aligns perfectly for those with specific dietary needs. Plus, it requires little prep and cook time, making it super easy for you to whip up right before your friends and family knock on your door for Thanksgiving Dinner.
NO BAKE PUMPKIN PUDDING
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings (1/2 cup each)
- Calories: 166 calories
- Author: Caitlin Weeks
- 1 tablespoon grass fed beef gelatin
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup organic canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon stevia extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (gluten free)
- Dissolve the gelatin in a small bowl with 1/2 cup of water.
- Heat the coconut milk in a saucepan, then add the the gelatin mixture.
- Stir with a whisk for a few minutes, and then add the pumpkin, spices and sweetener.
- Stir for a few more minutes until it is all warm and dissolved.
- Put in small pudding cups, and put in the fridge or freezer until it is cool and set, about 1 hour.
Are you looking for more creative, health conscious meal ideas? Schedule your Registered Dietitian appointment today to get helpful tips, tricks and resources before the holidays!
Click HERE to learn more about the Wellview services available to you. We can’t wait to work with you!
– CASEY EDMONDS, CHWC, CPT, CMS
Health Advisor | Email Casey