Make something the whole family will enjoy this Holiday season!
Tis the season for sweet treats, holidays scents and quality time with the family, and I cannot think of a better way to package all of this together than making some peppermint brownies with the family.
Peppermint has long since been a marker for the winter holiday season but there is more to peppermint than what meets the eye (or tastebuds). Peppermint comes in many forms, from leaves to oils to capsules. It has been shown to aid in headaches, colds, flu, nausea, breathing disorders, irritable bowel syndrome and more! When peppermint oil is diffused it is said to aid the respiratory tract and calm the mind. When its oil is applied topically it has been shown to deter mosquitoes, soothe a sunburn and even help relieve pain related to muscle aches. No matter how you have gotten to know you Peppermint in your lifetime, there are a million other ways to reap its benefits but here’s a good place to start….
Peppermint Crumble Brownies
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, drained
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup agave
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- Optional: 1-2 candy canes, ground or broken into crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Using cooking spray, coat 8-inch square baking pan.
- Mix water and flaxseed in bowl. Let sit for ten minutes.
- Combine flaxseed/water mixture, beans, cocoa powder, agave, coconut oil, baking powder, peppermint extract and vanilla extract in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixed batter into sprayed baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until moist with some crumbs on top and sides.
- Remove from oven. Apply peppermint candy on top. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 12 brownies and enjoy!
Click HERE to learn more about the Wellview services available to you. We can’t wait to work with you!
– CASEY EDMONDS, CHC
Health Advisor | Email Casey