We hear it all the time (ok you definitely hear it all the time from us): breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Starting your morning with a nutritious meal sets the stage for a successful day! Making a stop at the eating table each morning can help your weight maintenance by jump-starting your metabolism and stabilizing your glucose levels. The problem is, breakfast can get a little stale (no pun intended). From a piece of fruit to bland cereal, it can be less than enticing to grab that early morning meal. That’s why we love this Skinny Southwest Scramble from Eat Yourself Skinny. Spice things up tomorrow morning!
Skinny Southwest Scramble
Serves: 2 Servings
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ orange bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ zucchini, grated
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup salsa
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper until egg mixture is foamy. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat and saute bell peppers until soft and fragrant, about 4 minutes. Add zucchini, corn and green onions and continue cooking another minute.
- Add in egg mixture and stir until eggs are cooked, about 3 to 5 minutes. Then mix in cilantro.
- Top with salsa and serve with avocado slices, enjoy!
Serving Size: ½ recipe • Calories: 219 • Fat: 12.5 g • Carbs: 0 g • Fiber: 3 g • Protein: 14.5 g • WW Points+: 4 pts
**Avocado slices and salsa not included in calories