The seasons come, the seasons go, but your cravings for a delicious snack from time to time stays. Of all the seasons, Summer brings in the hot sun rays with some poolside play on a lazy Sunday. There is no better way to beat the heat and still feel confident in your swimsuit than with this refreshing, fresh fruit salsa.
Summer Time Salsa with Pita chips
Serving size: 2 (includes 8 pita chips)
Calories: 240 | Carbs: 50g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g
- 5 fresh strawberries
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 persian cucumber diced
- 1 medium jalapeno minced with seeds removed
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- 2 pita tortillas cut into eighths
- Avocado or olive oil spray
- Combine strawberries, mango, cucumber, jalapeno, mint and lime juice in medium bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350-375°F.
- Lightly spray both sides of tortillas with spray. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes. Flip over to the other side. Bake for an additional 5-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Serve with salsa and enjoy!
ROCK ON SUMMER!
Click HERE to learn more about the Wellview services available to you. We can’t wait to work with you!
– CASEY EDMONDS, CHC
Health Advisor | Email Casey