Are you wanting to switch up your morning pick-me-up for a festive splash of caffeine?
Nothing screams ‘Tis the Season quite like this chocolate and peppermint coffee combo. In less than the time it takes you to place your order and wait for your specialty drink to be made at the coffee shop, you will be enjoying your tasty treat in hand. Plus, it is extremely budget and calorie-friendly!
Healthy Peppermint Mocha
Serving size:1 | Calories: 35
- 1 cup (240mL) unsweetened cashew, almond or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp (5g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6-8 drops vanilla crème stevia, or to taste
- 4 drops peppermint extract, or to taste
- ¾ cup (180mL) double-strength coffee or 2 shots of espresso
- Add the milk, cocoa powder and stevia to a small saucepan.
- Warm over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes or until the cocoa powder has dissolved and the milk is completely warmed through.
- Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Add the coffee to a mug, and pour the milk mixture on top.
- Set to cool or add a few ice cubes to chill quickly.
Want to share with a friend? Simply double the recipe and you have two…or three… or four…
*Adopted from Amy’s Healthy Baking
Click HERE to learn more about the Wellview services available to you. We can’t wait to work with you!
– CASEY EDMONDS, CHWC, CPT, CMS
Health Advisor | Email Casey