Quick and healthy recipes can be hard to find, but this one is as easy as it comes.
The Low-Carb Tuna Melt
Servings: 2 servings | Calories: 354 kc
- 6 ounces no salt added white albacore tuna, drained
- 2 TBS diced onion
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 TBS plain greek yogurt
- 2 ounces grated cheese
Fresh, ripe tomato slices full of Vitamin C, potassium, and fiber pair perfectly with the healthy fats found In the avocado. Additionally, the Greek yogurt offers a creamy, probiotic-friendly alternative to traditional mayonnaise. Combined with the hint of flavor and crunch from the diced onion and high protein delivered by tuna, this easy recipe is sure to be one of your favorite go to snacks or meals.
- Preheat oven on HIGH broil.
- In a bowl, mix tuna, onion, pepper, salt, avocado, and greek yogurt until completely combined.
- Tear off parchment paper and place on top of cookie sheet.
- Arrange tomato about an inch a part with ¼ cup scoop of tuna mix on top.
- Sprinkle Cheese even,y on top of each.
- Place into oven, broil 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted through.
- Watch closely to avoid burning.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Domestic Superhero
Click HERE to learn more about the Wellview services available to you. We can’t wait to work with you!
– CASEY EDMONDS, CHC
Health Advisor | Email Casey