The holidays evoke warm feelings of comfort, peace and joy. As a result, you may find that you gravitate toward foods that do the same…which are not always considered healthy and nourishing for the body.
But who said the holidays couldn’t be healthy?
Here is my favorite red and green holiday-inspired salad recipe that you could easily pair with any entree.
Christmasy Salad With Tangy Dill Dressing
- 4 C kale and/or collards cut
- 1 C green cabbage chopped
- 1 C red cabbage chopped
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 C radishes finely chopped
- 2 apples chopped (I prefer Granny Smith)
- 1 large mango finely chopped
- 3/4 seeds from a pomegranate
- 2 avocados diced
- 1/4 C fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 C fresh orange juice
- 1/2 C extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Bragg liquid aminos
- 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp. dried dill weed (or ¼ C fresh)
Cut, chop and dice all ingredients. Mix together in large bowl.
- Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender.
- Pour over salad and mix well.
- Enjoy right away or store in fridge with a cover, for later use.
Adopted from Green Smoothie Girl
Click HERE to learn more about the Wellview services available to you. We can’t wait to work with you!
– CASEY EDMONDS, CHC
Health Advisor | Email Casey