As National Diabetes Awareness month comes to an end, Wellview Health would like to thank all the organizations, entities and communities that have worked to raise diabetes awareness. But most of all, we want to encourage those living with diabetes and empower them to know that with the right support and tools, diabetes care goals are achievable.
Wellview Health’s team of dedicated Health Advisors, Certified Diabetes Educators, Registered Dietitians, Personal Trainers and Mental Health Specialists can support all areas of self-care required to live a full and healthy life with diabetes.
Some of those areas we can support include:
- Understanding diabetes and the impacts of high blood sugars
- Managing weight, nutrition and meal plan creation
- Why smoking cessation, blood pressure and cholesterol control are important
- How movement and activity impact sugars
- Monitoring blood sugars; treating highs and lows
- Understanding medications and how they work along with safety tips
- Preventing and detecting complications
- Coping and problem solving
- Overcoming barriers and roadblocks
Wellview Health’s care team boasts a 99% satisfaction rating based on participant’s feedback. We recently received the following feedback after a participant met with one of our diabetes care specialist:
“…the best professional I have ever talked to in my entire life, encourages, listens and knows a ton but only tells you what you need to move ahead.”
No matter where you are in your journey to live a happy and healthy life with diabetes, Wellview Health is here to support you!
Click HERE to learn more about the Wellview services available to you. We can’t wait to work with you!
– SHERREE TELFORD, RD LDN CDE CHWC
Director of Specialized Solutions | Email Sherree