How tracking can support your health journey
Tracking apps have been around for decades now: Fibit, Garmin, Myfitnesspal, Apple Health, Rinkeeper, iHealth, Google Fit, Nokia, etc. Some people try baseline tracking for a few days to become aware of current habits around diet, sleep, exercise and even medication adherence. Others commit to tracking long term as part of a commitment to a healthy lifestyle. No matter the reason, the initial investment in tracking can be rather daunting. However, these handy apps have gotten smarter and easier to use over time which makes the awareness, motivation and accountability that tracking offers particularly beneficial to an individual’s journey to improved well being.
For example, some benefits of tracking are:
- Deepens understanding of sleeping patterns
- Improves sense of daily caloric intake and expenditure
- Helps fine-tune lifestyle habits for weight loss, gain or management
- Encourages nutrient-dense food choices
- Aids in determination of food triggers
- Supports healthy choices through accountability and motivation
- Increases knowledge of daily hydration
- Enhances awareness of pre-existing and un-diagnosed health conditions
- And so much more
Learning how to utilize your personal exercise, sleep, dietary, etc. data to help you get the return on your investment through healthy behavioral change has been one part of our mission at Wellview Health, and here’s how we do that.
1. Sync your device.
- Login to your WVH portal at my.wellviewhealth.com
- From your Dashboard home page select CONNECT HEALTH DATA
- Select CHOOSE SOURCE
- Select source then LOGIN to your tracker
- Select the data you wish to share and ALLOW
- Allow at least ten minutes to sync then your data will display on your Dashboard for you and your Wellview Health providers to see.
Having trouble? Contact your Health Advisor directly or our concierge at firstname.lastname@example.org for our step by step FITNESS TRACKER INTEGRATION GUIDE.
2. Track using you app like you normally would.
New to tracking? No worries. We’ve got your back!
3. Talk with your Health Advisor
(Registered Dietitian, Personal Trainer, certified Diabetes Educator, etc.)
Simply let your advisor know that you will be tracking so that your sessions together are intentionally maximized by your custom report and data tracking. Your advisor can use your personal data to meet you where you are and support you in finding ways to grow and fine tune your desired healthy habits along the way.
Wellview is ready to help you use your personal tracking data to help establish your desired long term healthy habits. Schedule your Health Advising appointment today!
Click HERE to learn more about the Wellview services available to you. We can’t wait to work with you!
– CASEY EDMONDS, CHWC, CPT, CMS
Health Advisor | Email Casey